Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Teensies are very short in comparison to the other inhabitants of Polokus's world, about half the height of the other creatures. They have cyan skin and very large noses that hide their mouths. Their arms end in fingerless mitten-like hands while their legs are very short and small.
Until Rayman Origins, the Teensies take on a whole new appearance. Their eyes have changed, one big and one small. They have multiple costumes to unlock in Rayman Origins, and have longer noses as use of Schnozz-ballads in the opening cutscene of the 3DS, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 versions of Rayman Origins.
The Teensies made their debut in Rayman 2. Four of them are rescued by Rayman at the end of the first level, and helped Rayman by opening up for him the Hall of Doors, which allows anyone to access different parts of the universe with just a few footsteps. They are also constantly fighting over the title of "King Teensie".
In Rayman 3, The Teensies take on a whole new image. Some of them are seen as mountain climbers, called Tufkins, some as shepherds, called Sylkins, some as ghosts, known as Griskins, and even some as Native Americans called Nookins. When Rayman and Globox make their way to the Heart of the World (which Andre is trying to destroy), the Teensies are there waiting for them. During the rest of the story, they are trapped in many cages, which Rayman must free them from to earn pickups and more health. A Teensie is seen dancing during the credits. Whenever one is freed from a cage, he or she makes some random excuse to leave, such as "I have to go invent chocolate toothpaste" or "I have to go give my auntie a spongebath". They often say very humorous or strange things; one Ghost Teensie in the Land of the Livid Dead stating that he has to "walk his flowers and water his dog".
Two Teensies are a playable characters in Rayman M/Arena. They are voiced by Cindy Lee Delong and Ken Starcevic and when they win a race or battle they fight each other.
Teensies are playable characters in Rayman Origins. In addition to two starting costumes, the player can unlock additional ones for a certain amount of Electoons. Here and in its sequel, the singular version of "Teensies" is "Teensy".
In Rayman Legends, you free imprisoned Teensies as the main objective, replacing the Electoons from Origins. There are either 3 or 10 in each level, totaling up to 700 Teensies. There are King Teensies and Queen Teensies (one of each in all levels), normal Teensies (8 in total for most levels), and Jester Teensies, which appear with the King and Queen Teensies during stages offering only 3 Teensies. A few Teensies can also be collected from Lucky Tickets.
The main conflict of the game is The Magician managing to become 5 Dark Teensies when the nightmares began to multiply and diversify. At the end of the boss fights, players can send the Dark Teensies into a moon in a flying pig constellation, where they are punished by imp-like aliens to be their instruments with their tridents.
Like in Origins, the singular variation of "Teensies" is spelled "Teensy"
- It is believed that Razoff could be considered a Teensie, however this is up to debate.
- In Rayman 3, it is shown the Teensies are capable of defending themselves, at least as Griskens (the ghost-like Teensies). At one point they take out 3 normal Hoodlums with ease using lightning bolts.
- The word "Teensie" means very small.
- Despite having long noses themselves in Rayman 3, some Teensies resort to calling Rayman as "Big Nose", which might be an insult to Rayman's enlarged snout.
- Teensie is a simple misspelling of "Teensy", which is used to describe a thing that's small, which gives meaning to the phrase "Teensy-Weensy", like "I'm mad, just a Teensy-Weensy bit".
- Teensies in Rayman Origins are only playable if you either have a PS3, Wii or Xbox version, and do not appear in the 3DS version.
- Rayman Legends has the most Teensies seen at about 730 Teensies.