Carmen the Whale is a female whale searches and saves helpless fauna and flora including Rayman out by giving them air bubbles to breathe. Piranhas feeds on these bubbles. In Rayman Revolution, she also connects the collider and the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire where she will fight off villainous tentacles. Not much is known about her personality since she only appears in Rayman 2, but she is known to be friends with Rayman and Ly.
- An image from an early version of Rayman 2 suggests that Carmen was originally planned to have a calf.
- Carmen is one of, if not the, least occurring Rayman character since Rayman 2; Carmen only appears on one of Rayman 2's (and it's various remakes) levels including Rayman 2 Forever and Rayman Revolution, and hasn't appeared since.
- Her role in the game, along with the stage structures, greatly vary in different versions of the games. In the latter version, her domain reaches to the Sanctuary of Stone and Fire and she leads Rayman there. Players may encounter her sometimes out of this sanctuary.
- Her first appearance in the game is at the starting Menu where she cavorts nearby tropical inlet with a waterfall, and this is even earlier than Rayman.
- A loading animation in one of the versions may suggest that at one point of game developments, Rayman could have ridden her in concepts.
- Her physical appearance possesses characteristics of several different whale species such as of Humpback and Right whales, and Basilosaurus.